Saturday, October 12, 2013

So I 'm selling my house...

... as I 've mentioned before...

Yesterday, I was on the phone to an estate agent to whom I 've assigned the sale. We were talking about all sorts of details when he mentioned the terrible state the market is in. I said I know. He said it would be good to be willing to negotiate the price. I said of course.

Then as soon as I put down the receiver, I thought "What the *, "I 've already lowered the price THREE TIMES in the last 12 months. I need to pay off my mortgage with the money I make off the sale, what's gonna be left?!?! "

I took a few deep breaths and contemplated the situation. Then I thought to myself "Of course I will negotiate. I 'm starting now: I am putting the price up by 100,000 to begin with and then each time someone asks for a better price, I will be increasing it by 10,000. Cause that's the way I understand "better price."!



Enough with the bullshit.