Monday, October 7, 2013

Rosalind

Back in 2008, I was working on a project called La Double Vie De Rosalind. It involved illustrations and writing the script for a short film which I was planning to fund/produce myself. I had even found my director & crew.

As I was working on that script, I realized there was so much more I wished to express through this story. So I abandoned the short film idea and concentrated on coming up with a script for a feature length movie.

But then, Lehman Brothers collapsed, all hell broke loose and I had to concentrate on the difficult financial reality that was appearing before me. And that was nothing compared to the avalanche that engulfed Greece in 2010.

So the project was shelved but never forgotten.

The script was never completed on paper but in my head, I kept writing. At some point, I want to commit myself to follow it through. At least, if I have the full story, even if I never find the money to shoot the movie, I can always concentrate on producing many illustrations. That's always great fun for me.